Thursday, April 29, 2010

Preparing for tomorrow..

So my favorite brother in the world is coming over tomorrow to do dirt-hauling for me. I got a lot of stuff prepped for the big work day. First of all, there is the dirt- 4.5 cubic yards of it:










The big bed in the back is edged and ready for newspaper to smother weeds, then good dirt to raise it to the right height. The hole in the middle will be holding a Seiryu Japanese maple once I can get out to the fancy nursery to pick it up (hopefully this weekend):










The two new plants I have bought so far- a scrawny little Wichita Blue juniper for the corner bed by the Rheingold and the Tamukeyama, and hinoki cypress for the side by our great-room window and the fence:










And finally, there was a cute maple shoot that was growing up right next to our drainpipe so I hadn't seen it before till I started turning over the bed for the hinoki. Since it was so close to the house I couldn't dig it out right, and I probably didn't get all its roots, so it probably won't survive. If it does, I will figure out where to plant it- maybe on the back fenceline someplace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home