Saturday, May 01, 2010

Silly weather-people

And silly me for believing them! When I got up this morning, forecast was for off and on rain all morning starting into consistent thunderstorms this afternoon. The morning was indeed off and on rain, so I texted my brother and told him I was putting off the rest of the gardening till maybe next week because of the weather- trying to cart and spread dirt in a downpour is nobody's idea of fun. Well, turns out it was sunny and rain-free this afternoon! I decided to make as much use of it as I could and mow the backyard then work some more on trenching around my bed-extension where I want to put the rest of our dirt. With a little water from the hose, a couple hours of work, and several more blisters on my palms, the edging is done! Now I just need newspaper put down and the dirt moved from the front so I can finish it off! Oh, and then I have to order mulch for the whole thing, get THAT moved to the backyard, and eventually actually PLANT things in all this lovely dirt too... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home