Saturday, February 18, 2006

Vector Security

Well, I'm adding this in there, 'cuz we decided on doing something a little different with our house. In keeping with the geek spirit of things, we decided to wire our house with Cat5e (Translation: Networking Cables). This way each of the rooms would be ready to just plug into the network if we needed.

We decided the Cat5e instead of normal Cat5, 'cuz it would allow us to upgrade/use a Gigabit network instead of the normal 10/100 Mbps (Translation: ...would allow us to upgrade/use a really really fast network instead of the normal fast network). I think actually thinking about upgrade to Cat6, but the cables are usually much more expensive. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me later.

Anyways, this meeting was with a rep with Vector Security to outline what our options were. I explained the idea to him...saying that I need wall panels in each of the rooms...and to have them all run into the basement. He sounded like it was a pretty simple job...and quoted me a great price. So I took it a step further and asked about having a network cabinet built into the basement. Again, I though the price was quite reasonable...so I signed another bunch of documents to dish out more money on the house.

I'm actually excited about this part...'cuz if anything, it's the one geeky thing that I get to add to the house. That and I can setup quite a freakin' huge gaming night. :D Let's just hope it works out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home