Saturday, May 23, 2009

Final plant (for now)

Went out this morning and picked up the final plant for the spring planting- a Baker Blue spruce. I believe it is a sport or cultivar of the 60' tall Colorado Blue spruces- should only get 8-12 feet tall supposedly? It has almost ice-blue needles and is a gorgeous compact shape. Had to get some help to get this guy into my car- he is almost 4 feet high right now and HEAVY!! I did some fancy juggling to get him to the temporary plant holding area once I got home- but I will definitely need help when it comes time to plant him. My first try planting something that big and with a burlapped root ball instead of a pot- fingers crossed that all goes well!! He is beautiful, I really don't want to accidentally kill him...

My photo doesn't quite do his color justice since it was taken in the shade..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home